Tuesday, March 19, 2019

How does your Mind Operate?





When I was in high-school, I had a certain hate for my classmates who were at the top 10. But not equally. The lesser the number, the higher the intensity. They didn't really do anything wrong to me and in fact, they were kind and very accommodating to us when we asked for help.

Human nature when studied is quite interesting.

You see, I didn't really hate them. My top classmates were merely a reflection of my laziness and inability to perform. I knew deep inside that I deserved where I was, but studying at the same level as them required too much work. On one hand, I relished the feeling of having perfect scores but on the other, the easy way out was to rationalize, play the victim card and do the blame game.

I found comfort in average and with people who thought the same as I.

"They cheated."
"Yabang naman nito!"
"Sipsip kasi sa Teachers."
"Maraming pera, binili yung spot."
"I'd rather have a life than being a top student."


--------------------------------------

Let me tell you something about Bragging/Yabang. In our culture, the equation for that is this:
Yabang = if you show more than what I can Show or what my Ego can tolerate.



Let that sink in.



--------------------------------------


In its basest form, we're all kids inside, and one way out is to be aware of how our mind works. True power doesn't lie in the tool, but the mind that uses it.

And money is merely a tool.


As for the video I posted [you may click the link here, make sure to grab some popcorn], I may or may not have took it. It might or might not have been from the earnings that I traded.

If I posted an amount that was lower than what the average can handle, I'd most likely get no response or probably a few scoffing comments. But if I posted an amount that was higher than what the average can take, that's the time we'd see varying levels of scorn.
What you should be concerned of is not what I show or what I say, but how you think and respond to what you see. For I am merely a temporary passing in your life, YOU however, are permanent.


Consider this a sort of.... Self diagnosis.
[Case studies for: 48 Laws of Power #37 #46, SOMM Wealth File #1, #6, #17 Also, Quota na po ako sa Insurance.]


So tell me, How does your mind operate?



5 comments:

  1. its hard to accept na I tend to get insecure if somebody, specially kilala ko o mas bata sakin, ay naabot o nakuha na yung mga bagay na hindi ko pa naeexperience, pero upon reflection na ganito na pala ako magisip, saka ako unti unting nakakalaya from pain of insecurity,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a normal thing to feel. But tama ka, it begins with self awareness. We can't treat something we don't know.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting post and video. It seems that you were doing an experiment based on a book? So thanks for a book recommendation-ish. Alam mo, you said in another post na whatever you post (stock, a twitter following, some author, a book) would seem like a "hype." haha. I think this is normal for people who follow a certain personality. Saying that, may mabigat na responsibilidad talaga on due diligence na dapat gawin yung mga nagbabasa at naglalathala.

    Now I have another book to read.

    May kasalanan ako sayo, future mentor. Hindi ko pa nagagawa yung pinagagawa mo. Pero this week, mapapanuod ko na yun. (hehe would you remember kaya?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to the reader talaga on what they want to get. If they are looking for mistakes, they will find it, if they look for learnings, they will find plenty.

      As for TAGR, next step is to actually put it into practice. Kulang if you just watch.

      Delete